The Ron Says!

The Ron Says!
Doing what I do best...talk!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

My brush with death in 2005

Last week (2/25) having dinner at Macaroni Grill, I suddenly became very warm, I looked up thinking I was under a heat lamp, but when I asked my friend if she was hot, she said my eyes were bloodshot. I excused myself to goto the restroom along the way I became very dizzy. Once in the restroom I thought Id splash some water on my face to see if I could cool down...after that everything becomes a blur. I somehow wound up on the floor of the restroom, I remember somebody asking if I was ok...I said no, somehow I got up and exited the restroom and then I must have passed out again...I was having a hard time breathing, I was burning up....I was in bad shape. It seemed like an eternity to me, 911 was called and from what my friend said, the paramedics arrived in less than 8 minutes, but to me it was an eternity. I arrived at the hospital in what I found out later was critical condition....I had tubes in my arms and was still having a hard time breathing. When my eyes finally opened I saw my friend and I could see she was scared. Eventually I improved, but had to be admitted into the hospital for tests to find out why this happened...after cat scans, heart and lung tests....they still didnt have an answer....other than my potassium and magnesium was low...my blood sugar was so high when I came in they asked if I was diabetic, which Im not. I left the hospital on Sunday and have to follow up with a neurosurgeon in March......I hope all is well

No comments: